Was IU and V’s ‘Love Wins All’ MV belittling disabled people?
Some netizens expressed the opinion that they were uncomfortable with the fact that the images of IU, who is deaf, and V, who lost his sight, depicted people with disabilities, and that it was based on the ‘poor imagination’ of a disabled couple idealizing and yearning for the love of a non-disabled couples
1. If you take disabled people as a topic, you naturally have to endure criticism from those involved… Are you just taking disabled people as a topic and don’t want to hear criticism?
2. Of course people are allowed to think about it. But I think it’s too far to call it belittling disabled people
3. To be honest, I thought there would be criticism
4. Where on earth does criticism come from? In their world on Twitter?
5. If you think about it from the perspective of a disabled person, of course you might feel bad
6. I didn’t think they would criticize after watching the MV, but after reading the comments, I understand why there was that reaction
7. There may be this point of view… I’m not saying that IU did anything wrong. Because there is a difference in interpretation. But seeing this made me think about it too
8. I’m not saying that IU did anything wrong, but I just hope she’s a little more careful in this matter. The song is good and the MV is good, but it’s a pity that there’s controversy
9. I watched the MV but didn’t think much about it
10. But did IU write the story? Isn’t there a music video director? Why are you guys doing this to IU?
Original post (1)